Submission Process and Instructions
Editorial Manager, JCivilAvia electronic peer review tracking system is accessible to authors, reviewers, editors, and staff. If you have the appropriate background for serving as a reviewer, we invite you to register. Click here to access Editorial Manager and click on the "Register Now" link if you are not already registered. You will be asked to fill out a registration form. All items with an asterisk are required to complete the registration process. If you have already registered, please enter your username and password. If you encounter any problems, please contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org However, we recommend that you first take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
HOW TO SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT
Before beginning the submission process, be sure that you have read our Instructions for Authors for general article information and our Submission Instructions for submission requirements. In brief, please log into Editorial Manager and click the "Submit a New Manuscript" link, and then enter in the required information as prompted. All papers must have a cover letter, abstract, full manuscript, references, and, if applicable, tables, figures, photos and supplementary data files. Authors can save their work in progress, proof and submit revisions, download and review proofs, check on the status of their article, update personal information, and review their past submission records. Decisions are sent to authors via email. If you encounter any problems during the submission process, please contact staff at email@example.com
If you have a question about JCivilAvia interest in a specific topic, the fastest way to receive feedback is to submit the paper for evaluation. Due to the large number of manuscripts we receive on a weekly basis, Editorial and Internal staff cannot review and comment on appropriateness of articles not formally submitted.
Papers are accepted for publication on the understanding that they have not been published and are not going to be considered for publication elsewhere. Authors should certify that neither the manuscript nor its main contents have already been published or submitted for publication in another journal.
Manuscripts may be rejected without peer review by the editor-in-chief if they do not comply with the instructions for authors or if they are beyond the scope of the journal. After a manuscript has been accepted for publication, the author will not be permitted to make changes that constitute departures from the manuscript that was accepted by the editor.
The use of someone else’s ideas or words in their original form or slightly changed without a proper citation is considered plagiarism and will not be tolerated. Even if a citation is given, if quotation marks are not placed around words taken directly from another author’s work, the author is still guilty of plagiarism. Manuscripts judged to be plagiarised, based on any source of information, will not be considered for publication.
- Manuscripts must be electronically submitted via the journal's online submission system. After creating an author's account, follow the step-by-step instructions.
- First-time users: Please click the Register button on the Editorial Manager log-in page and enter the requested information. On successful registration, you will be sent an e-mail indicating your user name and password. Print a copy of this information for future reference.
- Your Editorial Manager account user name and password are independent of the user name and password with which you access full-text articles on the journal’s Web site.
- Authors: Please use the same account each time you submit a manuscript. Click the log-in button from the menu at the top of the page and log in to the system as an Author. Submit your manuscript according to the instructions given by Editorial Manager. You will be able to track the progress of your manuscript through the system.
- Forgotten password or username: Do not create a new account. If you cannot recall your existing password, follow the prompts on the log-in screen.
- Formatting: Refer to Preparing a Manuscript: Requirements and Standards for manuscript formatting instructions.
Editorial Manager requires the following information at the time of submission. Manuscripts will not be considered unless they include the following components:
- Name of the corresponding author, his or her full mailing address and telephone number, e-mail address.
- The working title of the manuscript.
- A statement that the manuscript has not been previously published and is not under consideration in the same or substantially similar form in any other journal. See Prior and Duplicate Publication; Simultaneous Submission.
- A statement that all those listed as authors are qualified for authorship and that all who are qualified to be authors are listed as authors on the byline. See Authorship.
- A statement that, to the author's knowledge, no conflict of interest, financial or other, exists. (If a possible conflict exists, the author must describe the circumstances.).
- Acknowledgment of funding, in whole or in part.
- For any manuscript that includes one or more studies involving human participants, it is the author's responsibility to indicate ethical approval by the appropriate committee (e.g., Institutional Review Board, Research Ethics Board) to conduct such research.